Terms & Conditions
FEES AND CHARGES
Tickets to Festival events are sold by a variety of ticketing agents and venues, each with different booking and transaction fees and ticket processing charges. As far as it is possible to calculate, the prices for events listed in this brochure are inclusive of fees and charges. However in most cases additional transaction fees from $1.50 per transaction will apply, depending upon where you purchase tickets and the method of purchase.
All prices quoted are inclusive of any GST payable. In most instances the GST applies only to transaction fees and charges, not performance fees. For further information regarding GST relating to specific purchases, please contact the applicable ticketing agency or venue.
See the fees page for further details.
REFUNDS & EXCHANGES
Melbourne Festival regrets that it is not possible to refund completed bookings, except as required by law or in accordance with the LPA Ticketing Code of Conduct. Exchanges are only permitted to another performance of the same event. Any exchanges must be made at the original point of sale and may be
subject to exchange fees.
These events are excluded from the groups pricing: all events at the Foxtel Festival Hub, all events at ACMI, ANAM Quartetthaus, Borodin Quartet and Masterclass with the Borodin Quartet, Circus Futures Forum, Dance Territories, Haydn Unpicked, Marzo, My Lovers’ Bones, Pepper the Monkey and the Rainbow Circus, PRIMO, Since I Suppose, Whisper in My Mask and The Trouble with Harry. Groups 8+ pay the concession rate for Hello, Goodbye & Happy Birthday. Groups 10+ pay $67 for Complexity of Belonging.
You must purchase tickets to three or more applicable performances at the same time to qualify for the discount. The following events are not eligible for discount packages: Masterclass with the Borodin Quartet, PRIMO, Haydn Unpicked and ANAM Quartetthaus, Since I Suppose, Whisper in My Mask, 22 Years of Big Hart
and Content + Process.
Discount packages only apply to A Reserve and General Admission tickets within the Festival dates, and can only be purchased through melbournefestival.com.au.
No further discounts apply.
Concession prices apply to persons who are aged 16 years and under, full-time students (including International Student cardholders), full pensioners, seniors, Victorian Carer Card holders, welfare benefit recipients and the unemployed. Discounts are also offered to Media Entertainment and Alliance members for selected Festival events. Proof of concession eligibility is required at point of sale and upon entering venues. Companion Cards are honoured – see here for details.
In consideration of performers and other patrons at indoor Festival performances, please note: The Festival reserves the right to exclude latecomers or
to admit them only at a suitable point in the performance. The use of mobile telephones, audible paging devices, alarms or chiming watches is not permitted.
The use of cameras and other recording equipment constitutes a breach of copyright and is prohibited.
Under Age Policy - Foxtel Festival Hub
Entry to the site is restricted to persons over the age of 18 or persons under the age of 18 who are accompanied by his or her parent or guardian.
You must purchase tickets to three or more applicable matinee/twilight performances at the same time to qualify for the discount. Matinee/twilight package discounts only apply to performances within the Festival dates, and can only be purchased through melbournefestival.com.au. No further discounts apply.
Limited tickets for most events are specially priced for students. For events with more than one price reserve, these tickets apply to B and C Reserve seats.
Where the $25 ticket price does not apply or the allocation has sold out, students are eligible for the concession price.
Refer to individual event pages to see where this discount is applicable and for booking details.
Tickets can only be purchased through the venue in person and your valid student ID must be sighted upon booking.
Every effort has been made to ensure program details are correct, however details are subject to change where necessary and without notice.
Please read these Terms of Sale prior to purchasing a ticket for any event (Event) promoted or presented by the Melbourne International Festival of the Arts Limited (ACN 058 535 863) (MF). By purchasing a ticket to an event promoted or presented by MF (a Ticket), you are agreeing to these Terms of Sale.
Tickets are sold or issued subject to the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice (Consumer Code) (the LPA Code). A copy of the LPA Code can be obtained by visiting www.liveperformance.com.au (click here for a direct link to the LPA Code).
All of the terms below are subject to (and will be over-ridden by, to the extent of any inconsistency):
- the terms of the LPA Code;
- the terms of any statute that cannot be excluded. Nothing in the terms below restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
Conditions of purchase
- Once a Ticket has been purchased, no refunds or exchanges will be given except as set out in the LPA Code or where otherwise required by law.
- Tickets are valid only when purchased from MF, the Event venue or an authorised agent of MF. MF has the right to immediately cancel any ticket promoted, advertised or sold in breach of this condition without compensation to you.
- Where a Ticket is purchased through an Event venue or an authorised agent of MF, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Sale and any additional terms and conditions imposed by the Event venue or authorised agent.
- You must not re-sell or offer to re-sell any Ticket at a premium or use any Ticket for advertising, promotional or other commercial purposes (including without limitation as a prize in a competition) without the prior written consent of MF. MF may deny entry to the bearer of a Ticket acquired in breach of this condition without compensation.
- MF makes no representations or warranties as to the availability of any Event sessions offered and may vary advertised programs, prices, venues, seating arrangements and audience capacity without notice to you.
Conditions of attendance
- MF and the relevant Event venue reserve the right of admission.
- Without limiting clause 6, MF or the relevant Event venue may refuse entry or require you to leave the Event if your Ticket has been cancelled, is not valid or has been defaced or damaged.
- MF and the relevant Event venue may impose additional specific conditions in relation to entry or attendance to a particular Event.
- Patrons arriving late to an Event will not be admitted into the venue until a suitable break in the Event and will be seated at the discretion of management.
- Without limiting clause 6, MF or the relevant Event venue may refuse entry or require you to leave the Event if you engage in offensive or inappropriate behavior at an Event, including but not limited to by wearing or otherwise displaying any commercial, political, religious or offensive signage or logos.
- Without limiting clause 6, MF or the relevant Event venue may refuse entry or require you to leave the Event if you breach these Terms of Sale or any terms and conditions of the Event venue.
- You must turn off any mobile telephones, pagers and similar equipment in your possession before entry into an Event.
- You must not bring a camera or other recording device (other than a mobile telephone) into an Event, and you are strictly prohibited from broadcasting, narrowcasting or recording any Events (including without limitation on a mobile telephone) without the prior written consent of MF.
- You agree that you may be filmed, taped, interviewed, photographed or recorded while attending an Event, and you consent to MF or third parties engaged by MF filming, taping, interviewing, photographing or recording you. You further agree that MF may use, publish, edit, incorporate or otherwise exploit any materials produced under this clause for any purpose (and authorise others to do the same) without further reference to you.
- Without prejudice to any other rights which MF or the Event venue may have, if you contravene any of these Terms of Sale you may:
- be refused entry to, or removed from, the venue;
- have your Ticket confiscated and/or cancelled without refund or recompense; and
- be disqualified from purchasing tickets for or entering into other Events.
- If you are refused entry to an Event for any reason then in accordance with these Terms of Sale, no refund will be paid.
- You are responsible for your own safety and property when attending an Event, and to the extent permitted by law you release MF and its officers, directors, employees, consultants, licensors, suppliers and agents from any liability for any claim, damage, injury or loss you may suffer in relation to your attendance at an Event, howsoever caused, including without limitation due to any negligence or other act or omission of MF.
- You will indemnify MF and its officers, directors, employees, consultants, licensors, suppliers and agents against any claim, loss, injury or damage suffered by any of them as a result of your wilful, reckless or negligent act or omission at or in connection with an Event or as a result of a breach by you of these Terms of Sale.
- Except as set out in the LPA Code or under any relevant statutory provision that cannot be excluded, MF is not liable (including in negligence) for any claim, damage, compensation, loss or expense that may be suffered or incurred as a result of an Event being cancelled, postponed or changed.
- Personal arrangements including travel, subsistence and accommodation relating to an Event which have been arranged by you are at your own risk.
- You agree that your use of any MF website to purchase a Ticket is, so far as permissible under any relevant statute, at your own risk. To the extent permitted by law, MF excludes all liability (including without limitation in negligence) for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential loss arising out of or in connection with your use of any MF website or any associated payment process, and makes no representation or warranty as to the operation or functionality of any MF website or any associated payment process.
Tickets purchased through the Melbourne Festival website
- All prices are quoted in Australian dollars and include GST. Ticket purchases may include an amount payable for carbon offset and booking fee as listed on the relevant MF website.
- You must maintain the confidentiality of your account details for any MF website and take all reasonable steps to prevent unauthorised access.
- You warrant that any purchase made using your account for an MF website is made in your own right or with full authority. You will indemnify MF and its officers, directors, employees, consultants, licensors, suppliers and agents from all or any claims made by any persons claiming such transactions to be unauthorised.
- These Terms of Sale are governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia. In the event of any dispute, you submit irrevocably to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts having jurisdiction in Victoria.